Share this article:
Living in Hollis, NH is akin to embracing a lifestyle that beautifully blends tranquility, community spirit, and modern amenities. Known for its picturesque landscapes and small town charm, Hollis offers a wonderful place to call home. The town boasts excellent schools, recreational opportunities, and places to eat. Living here means being part of a welcoming community while enjoying a peaceful, fulfilling lifestyle.
Things To Do in Hollis NH
If you're considering moving to the area, these attractions are just a glimpse of what awaits you in Hollis.
- Northeast Fly Fishing School: Experience the thrill of angling at this renowned school. It's a great way to appreciate the natural beauty of Hollis while learning a timeless skill.
- Brookdale Fruit Farm: This family-owned farm is a must-visit. You can pick your own fruits, shop fresh produce, and even enjoy some homemade goodies.
- Lull Farm: A perfect spot for a family day out! Enjoy the seasonal harvest, farm animals, and the warmth of a local community.
- Beaver Brook Association: Explore the breathtaking scenic trails of Beaver Brook Association. It's the perfect place to reconnect with nature.
- Fulchino Vineyard: Savor the taste of locally produced wines and take a tour of the vineyards. It's an experience that combines gastronomy with stunning views.
- Shirley's Flea Market: Discover hidden gems in this vibrant flea market. From vintage items to handcrafted goods, there's something for everyone.
- Silver Lake State Park: This family-friendly location offers a 1,000-foot beach, making it an ideal spot for a picnic or a day of fun in the sun.
Top Restaurants in Hollis, NH
- Hollis Country Kitchen: Known for its homely atmosphere and hearty meals, this place will make you feel like you're dining in a friend's kitchen. Their re-opening has been met with great joy in the community.
- Buckley's Market & Cafe: A charming spot that offers a blend of market fresh produce and cafe delights. It's a perfect place for a quick bite or a leisurely meal.
- Market Place Diner: A local favorite, this diner offers all-day breakfast and classic American fare in a cozy setting. The ambiance is as inviting as their mouth-watering menu.
- Hollis House of Pizza: Delivering some of the best pizzas in town, this place is a must-visit for pizza lovers. The generous toppings and perfectly baked crust will have you coming back for more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hollis, NH
What is the history of Hollis, New Hampshire?
Hollis was incorporated in 1746 and has a rich agricultural history, with many original farms and orchards still in operation today. The town's historical society offers insights into its colonial past and local heritage.
What are the main attractions in Hollis, NH?
The town is known for its scenic beauty, including Beaver Brook Association with over 35 miles of hiking trails, numerous orchards like Brookdale Fruit Farm, and the annual Strawberry Festival and Old Home Days celebration.
How can I get to Hollis, NH?
Located near Nashua, Hollis is accessible via major roads and highways. It's a short drive from Massachusetts, making it easily reachable for those coming from the Boston area.
What educational facilities are available in Hollis?
Hollis is part of the Hollis-Brookline Cooperative School District, offering highly rated public schools from elementary through high school, including Hollis Primary School, Hollis Upper Elementary School, and Hollis-Brookline High School.
What parks and recreational activities does Hollis offer?
In addition to Beaver Brook Association, Hollis offers outdoor recreational activities such as apple picking, hiking, cross-country skiing, and community sports leagues. Silver Lake State Park is also nearby, offering beach access and boating opportunities.
Are there any community events or traditions in Hollis?
Hollis hosts several community events throughout the year, including the Hollis Strawberry Festival, Old Home Days, and seasonal farmers' markets. These events are a testament to the town's strong community spirit and its agricultural heritage.
How does one get involved in the Hollis community?
Residents can get involved through volunteering for local boards and committees, participating in community organizations, and attending town meetings. The town has a strong volunteer spirit, with numerous opportunities for engagement.
What are the healthcare facilities like in Hollis, NH?
Hollis offers access to several healthcare providers within the town and nearby areas. For more comprehensive medical services, residents often utilize facilities in nearby Nashua and other surrounding cities.
Hollis NH Real Estate Market
Hollis, New Hampshire offers a diverse range of real estate options to cater to various lifestyles and budgets. Homes come in a variety of styles from traditional to modern, providing plenty of housing options.
Share this article:
Are you considering selling a home in Hollis NH? Just reach out!